Homework Note 37
Post date: 14-Jun-2017 20:56:16
I hope everyone enjoyed the mid-term. 1st Class have now completed their standardised tests. The results will be included in your child’s report card for the school year. You should get those in the next week. We are encouraging all children in the school to cycle or bring their bike to school on Wednesday 14th of June 2017. Please bring your helmet, hi-viz and a working bike, scooter or flicker.
COW (Cycle on Wednesday) day activities will include
- a helmet check to ensure your helmet is fitted properly.
- a bike check to ensure your bike is safe to ride
- a cycle in the school yard or GAA pitch
- a skills test of your balance, braking, pedalling and cornering.
Our school Tour is on this Friday 16th 9am-1.30pm. Boss Baby is the film we plan to see.
Word Wallet activities.
This week we are learning words that have a magic e at the end and contain the ‘u’ sound
1. tune, huge, prune (Mon)
2. rude, Jude, use (Tues)
3. brute, useful, dune (Weds)
Click into http://www.ictgames.com/phonemePatterns/index.html or on the ICT GAMES link on the right side of our class webpage to see list of words containing of all these sounds we have been learning.
Tricky Word activities. – We are revising the Tricky Words 7 list – yellow words
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card.
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
We will have a word check on the Tricky Words 7 (yellow words) and a handwriting test this week – I will say the phonics sound ‘a as in apple’, ’k as in kite’, ‘oa as in boat’ etc, and the children will write the letter or letters. Our Aistear theme is Electricity. Again if you have any small electrical (safe) items (mains or battery) please send them in.
Homework Monday – Wednesday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors – Operation Maths Snrs at home book p32, 33, 34 (1 page each night)
1st Class – Operation Maths 1st at home book p32,33,34 (1 page each night)
- Tricky word sentence – List 16 - 2 per night
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
Studyladder activities at https://www.studyladder.co.uk/myschool/220213/myclass/838624
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words 7