Homework Note Week 22
Post date: 13-Feb-2017 09:05:16
Thank you signing and returning the Phonics and Word Checks last week. We have now covered all 42 phonics sounds. We are moving on to alternative spellings of sounds. Dictation is continuing. Please have a look at their dictation copy in their bag to see how they are doing. The children have been given a small solution card. We are following the Zippy’s Friends program as part of SPHE (Social Personal Health Education) in class. This helps the children to find good solutions to problems.
For more information see http://www.partnershipforchildren.org.uk/zippy-s-friends.html or click on the link on our class website.
Word Wallet activities.
We have covered all 42 sounds now. Please revise these if there are any sounds that your child does not know. We will now start learning the alternative ways to spell some of the sounds.
Starting with “y” that sounds like /ee/
1. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have.
2. We are working on words that contain the alternative “y” sound. Try to make these words
3. very, ugly, army (Mon)
4. body, copy, noisy (Tues)
5. empty, tricky, rocky (Weds)
6. dusty, story, curry (Thurs)
7. See if they can make other words with a “y” but with the /ee/ sound.
Click into http://www.ictgames.com/phonemePatterns/index.html or on the ICT GAMES link on the right side of our class webpage to see list of words containing of all these sounds we have been learning.
Tricky Word activities. – We are now on the Tricky Words 4 list – Red words
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
We have a midterm next week so there will be no homework on next Monday.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors – Operation Maths At Home Book p22 & 23(½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 3 p14 & p15 (½page each night) Add some colour.
1st Class – Maths At Home Book p22 & 23(½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 8 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p19 -5
Studyladder activities at https://www.studyladder.co.uk/myschool/220213/myclass/838624
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words list 4