Homework Note Week 16
Post date: 08-Jan-2017 21:17:07
Welcome back after the Christmas break. I hope everyone had a good rest from the hard work that was done in the first term and that you enjoyed the Christmas Concert. Please ensure that the children have all their “My Tools for school” in their bag. I will regularly give points for having those.
You may see your child’s Christmas Maths test in the folder. Please sign and return it to me. Each Friday we revise our phonic sound for the week by writing a list of words with that sound on our small whiteboards. Before Christmas the last sound was “qu” e.g queen, quiz, squid, quiet etc. Your child came up with __ words. We are coming now to the phonics sounds that children have the most difficultly with. Please ensure that they are following the word wallet activities each night.
Word Wallet activities.
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound, make the sound and show you the action.
2. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have.
3. This week we are working on words that contain the “ou” sound. Try to make these words
4. out, loud, found, shout, mouth, round, sour, sound, pound and couch
5. See if they can make other words using these sounds.
6. Make sure to use the correct “ou” sound and not the “o” and “u”
Tricky Word activities. – Children will continue revising the Tricky Words.
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
This week we are finishing with our Aistear theme of the farm. We hope to have a farmer visit the class. We are then moving to the theme of Travel. The children will be starting some dictation this week – I will call out a short sentence and they will write it down. We will be talking about asking good questions and what question words to use. In Maths 1st class will be starting subtraction tables.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors – Maths handout (½page each night) - Please stick to the ½page
Jolly Phonics Workbook 2 p20 & p21 (½page each night) Add some colour.
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 7 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p9 -0
Studyladder activities at https://www.studyladder.co.uk/myschool/220213/myclass/838624
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words List 3