Homework Note Week 14
Post date: 05-Dec-2016 00:04:23
Our preparations are continuing for the school show which will be on Wednesday December 21st at 11.30am. We are moving on to new tricky words this week on the yellow card. Also inside your child’s homework folder is a username and password for the www.studyladder.co.uk website. I have assigned some activities for the children to do. These are not compulsory. You can use the easy access login page on our class website. Just click on the studyladder link on the right hand side on our class website, find your child’s name and login using the password in the homework folder. We can use studyladder for free. You do not need to sign up or pay for anything if you are asked on the website. I can see the results of the activities completed by the children.
Please contact me if you have any issues with using this website.
Word Wallet activities.
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound, make the sound and show you the action.
2. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have. This week we are working on words that contain the “th” sound. Try to make these words
this, that, then, (Monday) with, them, than (Tuesday)
thin, moth, tenth (Wednesday), thing, thick, thud (Thursday)
3. See if they can make other words using these sounds.
4. Make sure to use the correct “th” sound and not the “t” and “h”
Tricky Word activities. – Children will continue revising the Tricky Words.
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
Shane O’Brien is finishing with his teaching practice in the class today. Thanks to Shane for his hard work. Make sure to ask your child about the Titanic. This week we are talking about Christmas (in English and Irish) and we are talking about sequencing events in time.
Mr. Gleeson/Mr O’Brien
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors – Maths handout (½page each night) - Please stick to the ½page
Jolly Phonics Workbook 2 p17 & p18 (½page each night) Add some colour & cut out.
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 5 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p28 10+
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words List 3