Homework Note Week 26
Post date: 13-Mar-2017 09:22:27
Thank you for sending in the items for our Aistear theme of “The Hairdresser/Barber”. Again if you have any items that would help us play to do with this theme please send them in. I am still looking for a hairdresser or Barber who would be willing to come in to talk to us please let me know.
I am continuing to encourage the children to eat healthily at lunch time. I will continue to give 5 points to the healthy eater of the week.
Absence notes. I need a note or phone call for every absence for our records.
I still need a note from you for _____________________________
Word Wallet activities.
This week we are learning words that have the “igh” sound that sounds like /ie/
1. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have.
2. We are working on words that contain the alternative “ie” sound. Try to make these words
3. high, night, light (Mon)
4. right, sight, fight (Tues)
5. tight, might, flight (Weds)
6. fright, sigh, midnight (Thurs)
7. See if they can make other words with a “igh” but with the /ie/ sound.
Click into http://www.ictgames.com/phonemePatterns/index.html or on the ICT GAMES link on the right side of our class webpage to see list of words containing of all these sounds we have been learning.
Tricky Word activities. – We are now on the Tricky Words 5 list – blue words
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card.
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
We are still learning about Éadaí (clothes) in Irish. (It is Seachtain na Gaeilge) The children are learning how to say what clothes (inc colours) they are wearing. e.g Tá geansaí dúgorm, bríste buí, bróga dubha agus hata glas orm. – I’m wearing a navy jumper, yellow pants, black shoes and a green hat.
Homework Monday – Wednesday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors –Maths Handout (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 3 p20 & p21 (½page each night) Add some colour.
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Just Handwriting p25 & p26 (½page each night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p25 -8
Studyladder activities at https://www.studyladder.co.uk/myschool/220213/myclass/838624
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words 5