Homework Note Week 20
Post date: 29-Jan-2017 21:38:45
Thank you for sending in the items for our travel table. We now have items from many countries. We will be visit St. Brigids well on Wednesday. Please send in the consent form and €3 if not done already. I am still looking for parents, grandparents etc to come in to class and talk to us about another travel/ other countries. We have 3 visitors lined up. Just write a note to me on this page if you could do that. You can bring photos, PowerPoint’s, items etc with you. You will be asked questions! We learned about the differences between Ireland and Bermuda. Dictation is continuing. Again please have a look at their dictation copy in their bag to see how they are doing.
Word Wallet activities. – Last week your child got ____ ue words.
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound, make the sound and show you the action.
2. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have.
3. This week we are working on words that contain the “er” sound. Try to make these words
4. her, kerb, herd (Mon)
5. mister, sister, river (Tues)
6. winter, under, better (Weds)
7. herb, brother, boiler (Thurs)
8. See if they can make other words using these sounds.
9. Make sure to use the correct “er” sound and not the “e” and “r”
Tricky Word activities. – We are now on the Tricky Words 4 list – Red words).
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
The Bingo in the school on Feb 9th (not the 7th as stated in last week’s note) @7.30pm. First class are continuing tables (-3) and seniors are practicing the number 8.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors – Operation Maths At Home Book p18 & 19(½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 3 p3 & p5 (½page each night) Add some colour.
1st Class – Maths At Home Book p18 & 19(½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 15 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p15 -3
Studyladder activities at https://www.studyladder.co.uk/myschool/220213/myclass/838624
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words list 4