Homework Note Week 18
Post date: 19-Jan-2017 09:13:47
Thank you for returning the signed Maths Tests to me. The children enjoyed the Gymnastics last week and that will continue for another 5 weeks. We plan to visit St. Bridget’s well on Feb 1st. We will perform a small play at the well. More details on the trip to follow.
I did a “My Tools for school” check on Friday. Please ask your child if they have everything they need.
You child needs _________________________________________.
On the ou words last week you child came up with ___ words.
We started some dictation in class last week too. These sentences are based on words/tricky words/sounds they should know. I call out a sentence and they have to write it down. Please have a look at their dictation copy in their bag to see how they are doing.
Word Wallet activities.
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound, make the sound and show you the action.
2. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have.
3. This week we are working on words that contain the “oi” sound. Try to make these words
4. oil, boil, soil (Mon) coin, join, point (Tues) spoil, toilet, avoid (Weds) foil, poison, moist (Thurs)
5. See if they can make other words using these sounds.
6. Make sure to use the correct “oi” sound and not the “o” and “i”
Tricky Word activities. – Children will continue revising the Tricky Words.
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
Our Aistear theme is now Travel. We will be talking about other countries (I will start with Australia), how to get there, places to visit, the differences between there and Ireland (weather etc). If your child has some item from another country they can bring it in and put it on our Aistear table. I would be great if you would like to come in to class and talk to us about another country. We are always talking about asking good questions and what question words to use.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors – Operation Maths At Home Book p14 & 15(½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 2 p22 & p23 (½page each night) Add some colour.
1st Class – Maths At Home Book p14 & 15(½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 8 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p9 -1
Studyladder activities at https://www.studyladder.co.uk/myschool/220213/myclass/838624
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words List 3