Homework Note Week 26
Post date: 13-Mar-2018 09:19:08
You should see some Maths and phonics tests in the Homework folder this week. Please sign and return those. I am continuing to encourage the children to eat healthily at lunch time. I will continue to give 5 dojo points to the reader and writer of the week.
Absence notes. I need a note or phone call for every absence for our records.
Word Wallet activities.
This week we are learning words that have the “igh” sound that sounds like /ie/
1. We are working on words that contain the alternative “ie” sound. Try to make these words
2. high, night, light (Mon)
3. right, sight, fight (Tues)
4. tight, might, flight (Weds)
5. fright, sigh, midnight (Thurs)
6. See if they can make other words with a “igh” but with the /ie/ sound.
7. We are learning the red tricky words this week with Seniors. 1st class are revising them.
Aistear Theme: We are moving to Travel
Grow in Love:There is usually an activity to be completed in it each week.
Super Troopers:We are on NavyWeek 2. There are some fun activities to try at home.
Word Wallets/Tools for school: Please ensure that your child has all the sounds/names/tools.
We are talking about travel, St. Patrick and we plan on taking part in a Tráth na gcéist (Quiz as gaeilge sa halla). There are always activities to be completed on studyladder.
Bookworm club reader/Word Wallet /Super Trooper - activities every night.
Grow In Love – weekly activity.
Seniors – Maths handout(½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 3 p18,20 (½page each night)colour
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Word list handout. Write 2 sentences per night. Don’t forget the 3 boxes and ? !!
- Spellings 10 words (see spelling copy) (Test on Friday)
- Tables p23 -7 (Test on Friday)
- Leigh Sa Bhaile p44 (Mon + Tues) +p45 (Weds+Thurs)
Tricky Words list 4
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order with a sample word.(Shaded)