Homework Note Week 3
Post date: 11-Sep-2017 08:20:10
Thank you for your support with settling in the children in their new class. Our Bookworm club is working well and each child should have a book suited to their level.
We are now introducing some aspects of the Aistear curriculum to the classroom. The children will be given time to creatively play using a given theme. Our first theme is the “The Cafe”. If you have some items at home that would help us play please send them in. We will return them in a few weeks when we move on to another theme. Please do not buy anything new. Old items or clothes would be perfect. There is some additional information on Aistear in the homework folder this week. If you have any questions please ask.
Aistear Theme the Cafe/Restaurant
Each child now has their own word wallet. As we revise the sounds and learn the words we will cut them out of the blue and green cards in class. The white cards are for matching and are not are to be cut. The children can “match” by placing coloured cards on top of the white card.
These short activities should be done every day for homework. (4 times a week)
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound to its place on the white card. (Place the green a on top of the white a)
2. Children make the sound and show you the action. (e.g. a, a, a ants on my arm)
3. Ask the children for a word or words starting with that sound. (ant, apple, Alice, etc)
Sight Word activities.
1. Match the blue card to its place on the white card. (Place the blue Brian on top of the white Brian)
2. Say the name.
3. Ask the children for a sentence or sentence with that name in it. (Luke has a red car.)
If a sound/word gets lost just make a new one. I will give rewards to the children who mind theirs. These word wallet activities will change throughout the year.
1st Class will start Spellings and Tables this week. We have a spelling and tables test then on Fridays.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors – Operation Maths Home Book P4 and 5 (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 1 p7 & p9 (½page each night) – add some colour !!
1st Class – Operation Maths Home Book P3 and 4 (½page each night)
- Handwriting Practice p5-8 (1 page each night)
- Spellings sh words (see spelling copy)
- Tables p8 0+
Seniors/1st Class Names 2017/2018
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.