Homework Note Week 25
Post date: 04-Mar-2018 23:35:37
I hope everyone is safe after the snow disruption last week. We have finished Literacy Lift Off and the children have moved seats in the class. A reminder on Hurling – please bring equipment on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you don’t have the equipment I have plenty here in school.
Word Wallet activities.
We have covered all 42 sounds now. Please revise these if there are any sounds that your child does not know. We will now learn the alternative ways to spell some of the sounds.
1. This week we are learning words that have the “ea” sound that sounds like /ee/
2. eat, tea, sea (Mon) pea, meat, real (Tues) leap, weak, beach (Weds)
steal, year, beat (Thurs)
3. See if they can make other words with a “ea” but with the /ee/ sound.
4. Click into http://www.ictgames.com/phonemePatterns/index.html or on the ICT GAMES link on the right side of our class webpage to see list of words containing of all these sounds we have been learning.
5. We are learning the red tricky words this week with Seniors. 1st class are revising them.
Aistear Theme: We are moving to Travel
Grow in Love: There is usually an activity to be completed in it each week.
Super Troopers: We are on Navy Week 1. There are some fun activities to try at home.
Word Wallets/Tools for school: Please ensure that your child has all the sounds/names/tools.
We are talking about travel, snow and Seachtain Na Gaeilge. There are always activities to be completed on studyladder.
Bookworm club reader/Word Wallet /Super Trooper - activities every night.
Grow In Love – weekly activity.
Seniors – Maths handout (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 3 p17,19(½page each night)colour
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Word list handout. Write 2 sentences per night. Don’t forget the 3 boxesand ? !!
- Spellings 10 words (see spelling copy) (Test on Friday)
- Tables p21 -6 (Test on Friday) (again)
- Leigh Sa Bhaile p63 (Mon + Tues) +p64(Weds+Thurs) (again)
Tricky Words list 4
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order with a sample word.(Shaded)