Shannon Estuary Mud Search & Rescue visit our school
Post date: 16-Jun-2018 20:01:23
Shannon Estuary MUD Search and Rescue visited our school on June 12th to give water safety talks to the students.
Given that approximately 150 people die each year due to drowning in Ireland,
Its is important to keep young people informed about how to stay safe near water as they get ready to receive their summer holidays.
Remember to stay safe this summer
1. Always check your PFD, (Life jackets and personal flotation device's)
2. Obey Lifeguards and swim between the lifeguards Flags
3. Swim with others, never alone,
4. Never bully others or make them take risks
5. Report missing Ringbuoys to your local Authority.
In an emergency Dial 999 or 112