Homework Note Week 12
Post date: 21-Nov-2016 09:05:32
Thank you for sending in the items for the Science experiments. We plan to do our Science experiments this week. Hopefully our heating is fixed now.
Reminder on the Parent Teacher Meetings.
There are still slots available for the parent teacher meetings this week. I have set up a booking form for the Parent Teacher meetings on our class website. Please see the link on our class page on the left hand side. Hopefully that booking system will work and you will not be waiting around for too long on the day (After school on Thursday Nov 24th). There are some other slots available on other days. I hope there is a time slot to suit everyone.
Word Wallet activities.
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound, make the sound and show you the action.
2. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have. This week we are working on words that contain the “sh” sound.
Shop, fish, dish, wish, ship, shut, rush, short, shoot, shell, cash and shot
3. See if they can make other words using these sounds.
4. Make sure to use the correct “sh” sound and not the “s” and “h”
Tricky Word activities. – Children will continue revising the Tricky Words.
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
Shane O’Brien is continuing with his teaching practice in the class this week. We are preparing for our Science experiments, learning about 2D and 3D shapes and talking about the farm. We are continuing practice for our Christmas concert.
Mr. Gleeson/Mr O’Brien
Homework Monday – Tuesday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities (if enclosed)
Seniors – Maths handout (½page each night) - Please stick to the ½page
Jolly Phonics Workbook 2 p11 & p13 (½page each night) Add some colour!!
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 5 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p24 8+
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words (List 1 and 2) Revising