Homework Note week 24
Post date: 27-Feb-2017 10:41:28
I hope everyone had a good break. The gymnastics has finished up and we will be hurling twice a week for the next few weeks until Easter. If your child has a hurley (suitable sized one - 18”-24”) and helmet they can bring them on Mondays and Thursdays. If you don’t have the equipment I have plenty here in school. We are going to see The Wiz at the Lime Tree Theatre on this Friday 3rd. Our school tour is planned for Friday June 16th. We are planning a trip to the Cinema.
The children have moved tables and shapes so please ask them what colour table and shape they are now. Who they are sitting with and how they are getting on. I am still giving 5 dojo points to the writer of the week. From this week I will also give 5 points to the healthy eater of the week.
Each Monday at assembly we give a small trophy to the child of the week from each class. The Gaeilgeoir Na Seachtaine also gets a prize also.
Word Wallet activities.
We have covered all 42 sounds now. Please revise these if there are any sounds that your child does not know. We will now learning the alternative ways to spell some of the sounds.
This week we are learning words that have the “ay” sound that sounds like /ai/
1. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have.
2. We are working on words that contain the alternative “ai” sound. Try to make these words
3. day, hay, lay (Mon)
4. pay, may, play (Tues)
5. tray, stray, pray (Weds)
6. Friday, away, railway (Thurs)
7. See if they can make other words with a “ay” but with the /ai/ sound.
Click into http://www.ictgames.com/phonemePatterns/index.html or on the ICT GAMES link on the right side of our class webpage to see list of words containing of all these sounds we have been learning.
Tricky Word activities. – We are now almost finished the Tricky Words 4 list – Red words
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
We are learning about capacity. Please try out the activities at home with your child.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities
Seniors –Maths Handout (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 3 p16 & p17 (½page each night) Add some colour.
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 9 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings (see spelling copy)
- Tables p21 -6
Studyladder activities at https://www.studyladder.co.uk/myschool/220213/myclass/838624
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words list 4