Homework Note Week 9
Post date: 24-Oct-2016 08:12:25
We had great excitement last week when a real palaeontologist visited our classroom to talk to the children about dinosaurs. We also visited Curraghchase last Thursday. See our class website for some photos of these class activities. Our Fashion Show is on this Thursday. We have had 8 busy weeks of school so far. We will have no homework on this Wednesday or Thursday this week and the children can dress up on Friday if that suits. The following week is midterm and there will be no school.
If you find a test in the homework folder please sign and return it to me.
We will finish our Building Site Aistear theme this week. I will send those items home. After midterm our theme will be “The Farm”. I have attached a handwriting page to the homework folder. This page can be used to see how each upper case and lower case should be written. It is hoped to keep this consistent throughout the school.
Word Wallet activities.
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound, make the sound and show you the action.
2. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have. This week we are working on words that contain the “ng” sound. Try to make these words
ring, sing, bang, song, wing, hang, long, king, strong, wrong, sting
3. See if can they make other words using these sounds.
4. Make sure to use the “ng” sound and not the n and g
Tricky Word activities. – Children will continue revising the Tricky Words.
1. Match the coloured card to its place on the white card. (Place the “they” on top of the white “they”)
2. Say the word.
3. Ask the children for a sentence with that word in it. (I saw that they were lost.)
I you want to play dominoes with your child. I have several sets here. You can have those for a night.
This week we talk about Curraghchase and Halloween.
Shane O’Neill will be doing a teaching practice in the class over the next 6 weeks. So the children may talk about Mr O’Neill.
Mr. Gleeson/Mr O’Neill.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities (if enclosed)
Aistear – Types of Tools page.
Seniors – Maths handout (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 1 p22 (½page each night) Add some colour!!
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Tricky Word sentences List 2 (2 sentences per night)
- Spellings ar words (see spelling copy)
- Tables p16 5+
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.
Tricky Words (List 1 and 2)