Homework Note Week 20
Post date: 28-Jan-2018 21:42:53
We will visit St Brigid’s Well on this Thursday and the Lime Tree Theatre on Friday to see Back to the 80’s. Please send in the permission slips and cost if you have not done so already.
I have some paper towels for drying hands in the classroom. Please ensure that they are following the word wallet activities each night. We have blue tacked in all the green sounds now. Last week your child came up with ____ ue words.
A reminder about Grandparents Day on Feb 13th (Pancake Tuesday) – If there are any grandparents out there who would come in and talk to the class about the differences between long ago and today that would be great. Bring along some items or photos to add to the interest. I have had no responses yet.
Aistear Theme: Animals
Grow in Love: There is usually an activity to be completed in it each week.
Super Troopers:We are on Lime Week 4. There are some fun activities to try at home.
Word Wallets/Tools for school: Please ensure that your child has all the sounds/names/tools.
Word Wallet activities.
1. Jolly Phonics Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have. This week we are working on words that contain the “ue” sound.
her, kerb, herd (Mon) mister, sister, river (Tues) winter, under, better (Weds)herb, brother, boiler (Thurs)
2. Make sure to use the correct “er” sound and not the “e” and “r”
Sight Words: Match, say, make a sentence. Seniors are learning and 1st are revising tricky words 3.
We are talking about animals, St. Brigid and the 80s. In Maths 1st class will be continuing subtraction tables.
Bookworm club reader/Word Wallet /Super Trooper - activities every night.
Grow In Love – weekly activity.
Seniors – Maths handout (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 3 p3, 5 (½page each night) colour
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Word list handout. Write 2 sentences per night. Don’t forget the 3 boxes and ? !!
- Spellings 10 words (see spelling copy) (Test on Friday)
- Tables p11 -3 (Test on Friday)
- Leigh Sa Bhaile p67 (Mon + Tues) +p68 (Weds+Thurs)
Tricky Words List 3
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order with a sample word.(Shaded)