Homework note 5
Post date: 27-Sep-2015 23:00:54
Thank you for your sending in the small earphones. Children will keep them in their bag or pencil case. We had our school mass last Monday and had a visit from Jeff Hunt who showed the children butterflies and a spider under the microscope. The children are moving tables and shapes today so please ask them what colour and shape they have.
Just a few notes.
Aistear Theme the Grocery Shop
Word Wallet activities. (These are progressing)
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound, make the sound and show you the action.
2. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have. This week we are working on words that contain the “ie” sound. Try to make these words
e.g. tie, pie, lie, die, tried, spied and fried.
Sight Word activities.
1. Match the blue card to its place on the white card. (Place the blue Brian on top of the white Brian)
2. Children say the name.
3. Ask the children for a sentence or sentences with that name in it. (Brian has a red car.)
4. Suggest that they give you a sentence where the word Brian is not at the start of the sentence.
If you need to make a new sound or name you can use the reverse of this page stuck to a piece of card. I will give rewards to the children who have all of theirs.
This week we will play in our grocery shop and look for signs of Autumn.
1st Class will start learning spellings and 1+ tables.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet
Seniors - Maths Handout (½ page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 1 p16 & p17 (½page each night)
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
Treasury p14 & 15 (1 activity each night)
Spellings ng words
Tables p10 first ½
Our religion workbook “Grow In Love” has a home activity each week.
Seniors/1st Class Names 2015/2016
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order.