Homework Note Week 5
Post date: 22-Sep-2017 14:48:52
We will have had our school Mass today Monday 25th at the church. There is a bake sale/colours day planned for next Friday 29th. We started our Irish reader “Leigh Sa Bhaile” last week. I plan to complete 2 pages each week for now. We will read this in class and your children can read it at home for homework. The main goal is to increase their confidence and fluency with Irish reading. Don’t worry too much about the correct pronunciation yet. Let them read the story. Then you can ask them the questions. If you are stuck on any word or sentence I have a sound recording of each page on our class website. The sound file will usually be of the form “Leigh Sa Bhaile A p1”. Some of these we will record ourselves.
Aistear Theme the Cafe/Restaurant
Word Wallet activities. (These are progressing)
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound to its place on the white card. (Place the green a on top of the white a)
2. Children make the sound and show you the action. (e.g. a, a, a ants on my arm)
3. Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have. This week we are working on words that contain the “ai” sound. Try to make these words
e.g. aim, rain, sail, pain, tail, rail, nail, fail, snail, brain, hail, train
Make sure to use the “ai” sound and not the a and i
Sight Word activities.
1. Match the blue card to its place on the white card. (Place the blue Luke C on top of the white Luke C)
2. Children say the name.
3. Ask the children for a sentence or sentences with that name in it. (Brian has a red car.)
4. Suggest that they give you a sentence where the word Brian is not at the start of the sentence.
This week we will play in our café, invent menus and prices, look for real cafés in Google Earth and look for signs of Autumn.
1st Class will continue learning spellings and 2+ tables.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities (if enclosed)
Seniors – Operation Maths Home Book P8 and 9 (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 1 p14 & p15 (½page each night) Add some colour !!
1st Class – Operation Maths Home Book P7 and 8 (½page each night)
- Handwriting Practice p13-16 (1 page each night)
- Spellings 10 words (see spelling copy)
- Tables p10 2+
- Leigh Sa Bhaile p3 (Mon+Tues) + p4(Wed+Thurs)
Seniors/1st Class Names 2017/2018
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order with a sample word.(Shaded)