Homework note 7
Post date: 09-Oct-2017 08:08:44
We were working on the “oa” sound last week. Your child came up with ____ words. This week we are learning the “ie” sound.
Grow in Love: Please keep an eye on our Grow in Love Religion workbook. The children have that in their bag and there is usually an activity to be completed in it each week.
Super Troopers: The Super Troopers activity program is included with the homework folder this week. I will be teaching the activities in school during the week. There are some fun activities to try at home over the next few weeks. We will see how that goes.
Art/Craft/Library/Photocopying Please ensure that you send in the €30. I have got that from 10 children so far. My records show you have paid €___.
Aistear Theme the Cafe/Restaurant I’m still looking for someone to come in to talk to us about working in a cafe. Please let me know if you or someone you know that could do that.
Word Wallet activities. (These are progressing)
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound to its place on the white card. (Place the green a on top of the white a)
2. Children make the sound and show you the action. (e.g. a, a, a ants on my arm)
3. This week we are working on words that contain the “ie” sound. Try to make these words
e.g. tie, pie, lie, die, tried, spied and fried. Make sure to use the “ie” sound and not the i and e
Sight Word activities.
1. Match the blue card to its place on the white card. (Place the blue Luke C on top of the white Luke C)
2. Children say the name.
3. Ask the children for a sentence or sentences with that name in it. (Brian has a red car.)
4. Suggest that they give you a sentence where the word Brian is not at the start of the sentence.
Please ensure that your child has all the sounds/names each day. Make a new one if one is missing at homework time. I often give dojo points to the children who have all of theirs.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader/Word Wallet /Super Trooper - activities every night.
Grow In Love – weekly activity.
Seniors – Operation Maths Home Book P12 and 13 (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 1 p18 & p19 (½page each night) Add some colour !!
1st Class – Operation Maths Home Book P11 and 12 (½page each night)
- Handwriting Practice p21-24 (1 page each night)
- Spellings 10 words (see spelling copy)
- Tables p14 4+
- Leigh Sa Bhaile p7 (Mon+Tues) + p8(Wed+Thurs)
Seniors/1st Class Names 2017/2018
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order with a sample word.(Shaded)