Homework Note Week 18
Post date: 15-Jan-2018 09:15:17
Thank you for signing and returning the Christmas tests. We plan to run Literacy Lift Off in the class over the next 6 weeks. Literacy Lift Off is an intervention that gives children lots of opportunities to read books at their own level of competency and gradually lift the complexity of what they can do in both reading and writing. There is a link on our class website with more information. We are coming now to the phonics sounds that children have the most difficultly with. Please ensure that they are following the word wallet activities each night.
Aistear Theme: Animals
Grow in Love: There is usually an activity to be completed in it each week.
Super Troopers:We are on Lime Week 2. There are some fun activities to try at home.
Word Wallets/Tools for school: Please ensure that your child has all the sounds/names/tools.
Word Wallet activities.
1. Jolly Phonics Ask the children to make a word or words using the sounds (green cards) they already have. This week we are working on words that contain the “oi” sound.
2. oil, boil, soil (Mon) coin, join, point (Tues) spoil, toilet, avoid (Weds) foil, poison, moist (Thurs)
3. Make sure to use the correct “oi” sound and not the “o” and “i”
Sight Words: Match, say, make a sentence. Seniors are learning and 1st are revising tricky words 3.
We are talking about animals and using question marks. In Maths 1st class will be continuing subtraction tables.
We are planning on visiting St. Bridget’s well on February 1st. More on that next week.
Bookworm club reader/Word Wallet /Super Trooper - activities every night.
Grow In Love – weekly activity.
Seniors – Maths handout (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 2 p21,22 (½page each night) colour
1st Class – Maths Handout (½page each night)
- Word list handout. Write 2 sentences per night. Don’t forget the 3 boxes and ? !!
- Spellings 10 words (see spelling copy) (Test on Friday)
- Tables p11 -1 (Test on Friday)
- Leigh Sa Bhaile p46 (Mon + Tues) +48 (Weds+Thurs)
Tricky Words List 3
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order with a sample word.(Shaded)