Homework Note week 2
Post date: 05-Sep-2016 08:15:18
Thank you for sending in all the book, copies and materials last week and for making the transition to a new class smooth for the children. They are settling in well and getting used to our class routines. They have been assigned a table and a shape. You can ask them about that. Just a few notes.
Our PE days are Mondays and Thursdays so children can wear their tracksuits on those days.
If they don’t eat or finish something I will send that home so you will know.
Each child will get their own word wallet during this week. We will be using these throughout the year. In the wallet is a blue and green card. These have matching white/cream cards.
Green Card = 42 Jolly Phonics sounds
Blue Card = Sight words of all the names of the children in the class.
As we revise the sounds and learn the words we will cut them out of the blue and green cards in class. The white cards are for matching and are not are to be cut. The children can “match” by placing coloured cards on top of the white card.
These short activities should be done every day for homework. (4 times a week)
Word Wallet activities.
Jolly Phonics – for each sound
1. Match the green sound to its place on the white card. (Place the green a on top of the white a)
2. Children make the sound and show you the action. (e.g. a, a, a ants on my arm)
3. Ask the children for a word or words starting with that sound. (ant, apple, Alice, etc)
Sight Word activities.
1. Match the blue card to its place on the white card. (Place the blue Jude on top of the white Jude)
2. Say the name.
3. Ask the children for a sentence or sentence with that name in it. (Jude has a red car.)
If a sound/word gets lost just make a new one. I will give rewards to the children who mind theirs. These word wallet activities will change throughout the year.
This week we will use our word wallets, tell our news and learn about autumn.
Homework Monday – Thursday
Bookworm club reader and Word Wallet activities (if enclosed)
Seniors – Operation Maths Home Book P2 and 3 (½page each night)
Jolly Phonics Workbook 1 p3 & p5 (½page each night)
1st Class – Operation Maths Home Book P1 and 2 (½page each night)
- Handwriting Practice p1-4 (1 page each night)
Seniors/1st Class Names 2015/2016
Jolly Phonics 42 sounds in order with a sample word.
Put in a tick ü if correct and a l if not known yet